Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dirty Dashing!

Last Sat Clarke and I ran the Dirty Dash race together. I ran the race earlier this summer with my friend Marci and had such a blast doing it, that I somehow convinced Clarke to do the race with me in the Fall. Let me start by saying this... Clarke is NOT a runner. Never has been, and he now claims he never will be. I am proud of him for working so hard for this race though. He set a goal to run everyday for 30 days, and even though he had HUGE blisters all over his feet, (Which he took care of by putting Duck tape on his feet before every run... Such a manly thing to do) he kept on running. 
I have always loved running, it's my thing I guess. I kept thinking Clarke would find a "Love" for it too. How can you not? I mean, exercise produces endorphins right? But it never happened, after every run he would still claim to hate running. So this race literally was a "Once in a lifetime" thing for us. Good thing it was such a fun race!
The race was a 10k in Heber Ut. The race is mostly ran through mud, lots and lots of mud. There is no hope for staying clean. There are fun obstacles, mud pools, slides, things to climb over and under... Kinda like military style stuff. We had a blast together, and Clarke surprised me by running the WHOLE time. Even up the brutal hills. What a champ! He was actually pushing me!! It was a great marriage builder, and bonding experience. 
All clean, and ready to get dirty!!

All dirtied up!

"The Dirtiest Kiss you've ever seen!!"

Having fun in the mud!

Trying to throw Clarke in...

Almost to the Finish Line!

We did it!!

Check out those dirty teeth! Yuck!

Trying to get clean

So proud...

Raccoon Eyes...

Special thanks to Randy and Vicki who watched Ty the whole race for us, and took pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment