Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mouse in the House

I never thought I'd be one of those girls that would see a mouse and immediately jump on a table and scream... but that is EXACTLY what I did last night. I have probably never screamed so loud in my life. Good thing my husband was home, otherwise I would have probably died. Seriously though. It was terrifying. Mostly because it caught me SO off guard! So earlier that day, before I left on an errand, I had grabbed the trashcan out from underneath the sink, and taken the trash bag out of it. (Thank goodness for smiths/walmart bags reused. Saves money on buying trash bags! ;)  I was in a hurry, so I didn't replace the bag right then. Skip ahead probably 3 hours. I decided my gum had no more flavor, and definitely needed to be placed in the garbage. Ugh. No bag. I hate when I'm lazy. Anyways, I grab a bag to replace it, and pull out the black garbage can. My hair is long, and had fallen in front of my face, obscuring my view of the whole container. Imagine my surprise when something starts squeaking and jumping up in my face. I didn't actually take time to figure out what it was... I just screamed loud, and ran directly up onto the coffee table, and pointed screaming to Clarke that there was something big and scary in the trash can. I thought maybe it was some seriously huge cockroach! He ran over there, and told me it was a mouse.... I freaked out even more! He came back into the living room and I jumped into his arms, and wouldn't let go. My heart was pounding, and I felt sheer terror. Now I know this sounds ridiculous, but even when Clarke convinced me the mouse couldn't get out of the trash can, I STILL wouldn't come off of the table. Or any chair in my apartment. Just as long as my toes didn't have to touch the ground, where there might be more potential scary critters. I did this for probably a good hour. Even after my husband had saved the day. EWWW it was just so gross. Seriously, if Clarke hadn't have been there, I probably would have grabbed Ty and left the house for good. Either that, or evaluate my options for help. Which would probably consist of the group of big black men next door, OR the loud music playing Mexicans that live next door. Which I'm sure both groups of men were probably wondering what was going on last night anyways, with all the screams going on... 
Overall, it was a very scary, and funny experience. I don't think Clarke has ever laughed so hard at me. He totally enjoyed the experience. AND he got a real live, "You're my hero kiss" too, so I'm sure it was worth it to him! :)

2 comments:

  1. Silly little Lanaya! Hey Clark, if you want to see something funny......Get a grasshopper and show it to Lanaya. It will be even better than the mouse, Guaranteed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my. i am SO glad that I wasn't there for this. I would have left you and Ty and ran away.

    ReplyDelete