Thursday, October 11, 2012

St George Girls Trip

I think my mom, sisters, and I might be starting a tradition and I'm loving the idea of it! This was our 2nd year taking a weekend off, and heading up to sunny St George for a girls weekend. This time Ty got to come along and crash our girls party, that's ok though he's so dang cute no one minded very much! We had a blast, and I cannot wait until next year! 
We saw Aladin at the Tuacahn theater Thursday night, and it was AMAZING. Seriously one of the best plays I have ever seen. The special effects were awesome, and it was just so well done. I may or may not have gotten a little emotional when dropping Ty off at their daycare... It was my first time giving him to a stranger! I worried the whole play, and when I went to pick him up he didn't even want to come with me. He was too happy playing with all his new little friends and toys. 



Aladin had the coolest 3D glasses! :)

Friday was the pool day. I seriously could live at the pool. I love soaking up the rays, and playing in the water with my little guy. After spending most of the day at the pool, we headed out for some shopping (It wouldn't be a girls weekend without shopping right?), and cafe rio. Which happens to be my absolute favorite food in the whole world. Pork Salad, black beans, no cilantro. Just in case you ever wanted to buy me some! :) And then home with ice cream and a chick flick. Perfect day.



He loves his playing with his Ball. He carries that thing everywhere.




Saturday we packed up and headed to Zion's National Park. This place is BEAUTIFUL. We didn't have a baby carrier, so I had to carry Ty the whole time, which seemed easy at the beginning, but that kid gets pretty heavy after a while! We decided to hike the Narrows, which is an amazing hike mostly in freezing cold water in between 2 red rock canyon walls. The farther you hike into the canyon, the more narrow the walls get (Thus the name "The Narrows"). We didn't go very far since it started to get deep, and would be dangerous for a little baby. But what we did see was pretty amazing. I didn't realize we would be hiking in water, so before we left we went to the DI to get used tenni's. Gross. The only ones they had were "Shape Ups." OMG. Those things were UGLY, and not to mention uncomfortable. All the butt shapage goin on was not feelin so good after a long hike. Never buy those, so not worth it. I did look pretty cool though... haha


I know you're all jealous of my shoes right now...



Can't wait for next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment