Friday, August 24, 2012

Ready To POP Baby Shower!

Anyone that knows me well, knows that I am NOT a party planner. The thought of having to plan a party makes me squirm. I have extremely talented friends who thrive off of party planning, and I admire them for their talents, but in no way do I want to be like them. I would much rather offer to help bring food, or come early to set up. But planning? No thanks. I'll leave that to the pros... AKA Malena Everill and Victoria Edwards. (If you ever need a fabulous party planned, call them. You won't be sorry. It'll be better than the olympic opening ceremonies, I swear!). 

I have however, thrown a few parties in my day. They have mostly consisted of good food, games, and maybe a matching table cloth and balloons. Nothing too fancy.  When I heard that no one was throwing my sister-in-law Jen's family shower, I had an internal battle going on... To throw, or not to throw.... Who am I kidding, it's Jen. I had to do it, and I was glad to. I decided that I was going to be crafty if it killed me. And besides, I am friends with Pinterest now... I like this "so called" friend Pinterest. We waste lots of time together, and I feel like a gourmet cook, fashionista, interior designer, and so much more crafty after every time we hang out. Win/Win. :)

Holy smokes. These themed parties are SO much work! I have a new found respect for party planning/crafty people now. I spent weeks preparing every little detail. I swear I spent more time on this than my own wedding. (I give credit to my best friend Malena and my mom for planning most of my wedding!). I was supposed to have a little more help than I did, but since that didn't work out, I had a great friend Victoria help me with some of the decorations. Her house is the cutest, I pretty much walked around and just swiped a lot of the decorations in her own house to make the shower what it was. A HUGE thanks to her for her inspiration, and help. She even made the cute belly cake! (Look her up on facebook: Victoria's Piece A Cake).

I went with the theme "Ready to POP." Everything from the invitations to the decorations and food matched. The colors were Turquoise and Yellow. It mega stressed me out, and I lost a lot of sleep, but it turned out awesome, and I got SO many compliments. I was pretty proud of myself, and now that I've gotten in touch with my crafty side, I'll never do it again. Seriously though. :)

Sorry for the picture overload. I just need to document it as proof that I CAN be crafty if I want to. :) Until next party.... ha ha just kidding. That's not going to happen. 




Belly Cake! It turned out so cute, and was super yummy too!

White chocolate popcorn, salty popcorn, and caramel Popcorn. (Thanks to Vicki, and Britt).

Cake POPs. And "Snap Crackle and POP" rice crispy treats.

The Cute Bubble gum machine!

My gift to Jen, and my blow POP decoration thingy I was way proud of! 

"Thanks for POPpin by!" Party favors, Bubble gum of course!

Bubble gum guessing game!

Me and Jen, doesn't she look so cute and "Ready to POP!"

Me, Jen, Britt, and Vicki

Poppin punch, and the cute mason jars with labels. (One of my favorite things!)

POPpy seed salad, sandwhich POPs, and the POPcorn

They boys had to wait outside until the shower was over, but how cute is my little boy?

One of Jen's friends made this for her, isn't it the cutest thing ever?

Britt helped with the candybar matching game. 

This was all Clarke's doing. It's supposed to be a baby carriage if you couldn't tell. I was way proud of it!


2 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Lanaya! You unleashed your true talent and that is party planning. I'm impressed. I'm calling you when I need to be celebrated, okay? okay! Oh and I laughed when I read that Clarke made the watermelon baby carrier thing. Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete